Winterthur Estate

For those that used to follow The Princess Portal you know that May 5th is International Princess Day. This is another self made holiday to celebrate your princessly self. This is a day to pamper yourself or do something that makes you feel like a princess.

For my Princess Day I decided I wanted to go on a tour of Winterthur Estate. Since I was unable to go to Point-to-Point this year. I enjoyed my morning by just lounging and appreciating a day without a need to rush around and without school work.

Then I experimented with the himegyaru hair style, which sadly deflated as the day continued and through the constructing and moving of my mirror. I think next time I will use Violet LeBeaux's himegyaru tutorial idea of putting something under the bump to keep the shape.

Winterthur was amazing. The garden was also lovely, but since I recently went to Longwood Garden I was really only interested in a tour of the mansion. Here are some of the rooms of the 175+ room mansion we were allowed to see. Sadly most of my pictures came out blurry because I had my camera set to take outdoor pictures. The other photos are available to view on my flickr.

IMG_1195

IMG_1149

IMG_1170


I had a great time and the day got even better. I returned home just in time before a large deliver trunk left my driveway. My mirror had arrived! Brad and I constructed the mirror, rearranged the furniture, and set it in the corner of the room. I was extremely happy it arrived because I was unhappy of the pictures of myself throughout the tour.



Jumperskirt: Innoncent World
Headbow: Innocent World
Sweater: Offbrand
Shoes: Madden Girl


My poor deflated hairstyle...

Now before I get multiple negative comments and emails, I know my skirt is rather short. I am 6 feet tall! And I am very aware I am a fatty-fatty-2x4 so such comments are pointless and will be ignored/deleted.

13 comments:

Miruku said...

The length of your skirt is fine! I hate people who take trends to seriously. If you see some of the lolitas here in Japan, they LOVE to play around with their hems. Especially in the summer, shorter skirts and stockings are wonderful!

Carrie Rose said...

What a lovely way to celebrate :) And your skirt looks wonderful!

Madrepérola said...

Evading rules! Great outfit! I love it!

Lady Kristen said...

Miruku: I agree with you. I just wanted to clarify that before the rule sticklers came after me. Shorter hems can even be seen in the Gothic & Lolita Bibles.

Carrie Rose: It definitely has an excellent and relaxing day. Thank you!

Madrepérola: I'm such a rebel! I love that jumperskirt.

AngelShinigami said...

I love the outfit and I think you are beautiful, ignore anyone who says you aren't.

Plus sized lolita's are only few because we don't advertise ourselves like other Lolis, so it is as if we don't exist.....or are the odd thrid cousin that no one really talks about ^_~

Lady Kristen said...

Thank you!! I really love this jumperskirt as well.

I plan to show that I exist. It takes only a few to change the opinion of the many.

Apple Aisuru said...

you're gorgeous in this dress <3

Lady Kristen said...

Aw! Thank you Apple Aisuru <3! This jumperskirt is one of my two favorite pieces out of my wardrobe.

Mariko said...

You look so cute! You look to be about the same size as me (I'm much shorter though) and I was excited because I always thought that I wouldn't be able to fit into IW's clothes! It sounds like such a fun day!

Lady Kristen said...

Thank you! I'm glad I could help you in some way. I own mostly BTSSB shirred jumperskirts and they fit well. I also own a Moi-meme-Moitie that is very short, but fits my bust. I made a skirt of similar fabric to make it appear longer.

Leah ♥ said...

That place is gorgeous! *3* I love old buildings~

I'm a tall lolita too (5'10) so you're not alone!! IW's new longer stuff is brilliant! I'd totally recommend those~

Lady Kristen said...

Leah ♥: It was absolutely beautiful at Winterthur. I love Innocent World's clothing. They cater to the tall lolita.

Sunshine~ said...

The outfit looks perfect on you~ It's like a perfect example of casual lolita mixed with a little bit of sweet, something i'd like to accomplish.

and the estate is GORGEOUS!