Not so happy International Lolita Day

Karma will always have its revenge.

I must start this post that the International Lolita Day event was wonderful. The two panels I attended were charming. There were some adorable and beautifully dressed lolita and I was happy I went even under the circumstances. I enjoyed speaking to the few lolita that talked with me. Thank you everyone. ❤


I always work on the weekends so any meet-up or event I want to attend I have to request off or call out. I called out Friday night feigning illness and then Saturday I woke up to 100.4°F degree fever! I was determined to go to NYC, so I got ready despite a fever and the climbing humidity. Halfway through doing my hair I found out my curling iron had died, so no cute curls with my hime bouffant hairstyle.

The trip to NYC was alright even though something in the car ripped my stockings. We stopped for a quick wardrobe modification and then were back on the road. No traffic jams and fewer crazy drivers to deal with made for a quick ride northward. However, upon reaching NYC my driver and I quickly got lost. Manhattan was a maze of one way streets and blocked off streets for some open air street market. It took 40 minutes to navigate through this mess making me arrive some time about 2:10pm.

I was of course interested the most by the blogging panel. Unfortunately I arrived late after trying to navigate the maze and had to stand in the very back until the second panel.

IMG_1393
The first panel: Lolitas in the Wired.
Authors of La Vida Frills, Lolita Charm, and Pretty Wonderland.

IMG_1400
The seond panel: Lace, Thimbles, and Pincushions.
Owners of I do Declare and morrigan.


I took a few picture of some lovely ladies and left. It was too humid in the building for me and I felt like my temperature was rising. When I returned home I went straight to bed. My fever was 102°F. I feel better now though, just weak.

Four other pictures are available on my flicker.

top image from: chang|e one’s mind

4 comments:

Dolly said...

its too bad that you were sick all day but at least you still managed to get there and see some of it!

Lady Kristen said...

Dolly: Thank you. I would have mingled more if only I felt better. I hope your International Lolita Day went better than mine.

Madrepérola said...

Oh, Gee... It's a shame you couldn't avail your loliday. I hope you're better today.

Lady Kristen said...

Madrepérola: Thank you. I was feeling slightly better yesterday, but now I have a cold. I hope your lolita day went well.