Giving Up On Ordinary

Ordinary is boring, why not strive for extraordinary.


Once upon a time there was a little girl that was treated like a princess. She was told to embrace her dreams, expand her imagination, and live every day to the fullest. Everyday was dress-up games, make believe, and fairy tales. Growing up she was taught responsibilities and manners. She began to see how the world worked around her and tried to find a place where she would fit in. Her parents told her to always be true to herself and follow her dreams. Then she became an adult. Society told her to go to college, get a job, and give up on her childhood dreams. She did go to college and find a job. But give up on her dreams? No way!

I believed there is no reason the magic of childhood cannot continue into adulthood. Yes, adults have an immense amount of responsibilities. But once you have the time to enjoy yourself, the activities you love are even more fun. Why only let child have all the fun? As I grew up I was determined to never let go of my childhood dreams and ambitions. Never give up a dream because it is unattainable. Revise impossible dreams so they become possible to achieve. I never tell myself I cannot do something, because I am too old. Life is short and I intend to enjoy every moment of it.

Society might classify my views as escapism. Which to a point they are. I am unhappy with the ordinary societal lifestyle. So I chose to be a deviant and hold onto some of my childhood ambitious. I incorporate these hopes and dreams into my adult life. I might not ever become an actual princess, but I can dress and behave as one would. I might not ever get to live in a castle, but I can live in a large Victorian house and give it a name. I might not be able to own my own horse, but I can join an equestrian club.

There is no reason to turn into a pessimistic 'I hate my life' adult. I intend to march to the beat of my own drum throughout my life and enjoy every moment of it. Do you follow what makes you happy?


As you grow older, you'll find the only things you regret are the things you didn't do.
--Zachary Scott



image from: A szeretet az egyetlen

7 comments:

Madrepérola said...

Grow up doesn't mean not be happy! Sometimes it sounds esier when we're children, because we don't need to work or study a lot, but we always can get child's happiness. Pure happiness. I loved your post.

Rosalynn said...

I totally agree with what you say!
Live your life, with fun, happiness and the things you love!

Lady Kristen said...

Madrepérola: I completely agree. Thank you!

Rosalynn: Thank you for the comment.

spiralred said...

I love this post. I was just thinking earlier this week about how people put off their own dreams once they're adults when there is no reason to give them up. Why stop trying? Success is waiting for you!

Great post!

Lady Kristen said...

spiralred: Thank you! I know so many people around me that complain that they gave up on their childhood dreams. I have also received many compliments from strangers about how I live to fulfill my dreams.

Chelsea Knapp said...

I love this! <3 such an inspiration!

Lady Kristen said...

Chelsea Knapp: I'm glad you liked this post. Thank you for the comment.