Obstacles

"You will always run into obstacles throughout your life. You must go over them or around them. But never let them get above you."
--My mother

I did not think I would give another quote so soon. But this quote is relevant when making goals and dreams. My mother always told me to dream big, but never let your dreams steamroll you over.

The beginning of 2011 is not going as smoothly as hoped. My mother had surgery on the 3rd. Then some of my hopes and goals I started to plan last year already have to be compromised. My mother's surgery took longer than the doctor said it would, but went well. She is very sore, but home and well. Once done with her crisis then came a few issues for me.



The unfortunate: I wanted to go see Kagrra,'s final concert on March 3rd, my birthday. Not being a member of the fan club I had to wait to apply for tickets. I applied through MusicJapanPlus as soon as they had overseas ticket sales. By Dec. 27th I would receive an invoice if I managed to get a ticket. I still have not received an invoice. So now I need something else to do for my birthday.

Also I so wanted to buy a house this year. But I apparently need to build credit to apply for anything. So for a year or two I will have to use a credit card and pay rent. I dislike credit cards. I would rather pay for everything with my accessible income.



The good: I found a wonderful venue for my wedding! I do not want to get my hopes too high until I go for a tour though. But I have seen pictures and have fallen in love. While searching the website I noticed that ceremonies have to be Catholic. Neither my groom nor I are Catholic. After leaving a message to request more information, it took two days for the curator to call back. But I received good news. I can still have my wedding there! Yay, for planning ahead.



All in all my year is going well so far. How about you?


image from: Jerry's Haven n Tell

4 comments:

Rosalynn said...

Wow, 2011 indeed didn't start that great! I hope your mother will recover quickly.
And I'm so happy for you found a beautiful place to get married! I hope you can have the ceremony there!

My 2010 didn't end that well and I still feel sad about it now, so 2011 didn't start that great either. ^^'

KittyDragon said...

I hope your mother heals quickly. My new year has been lonely with my boyfriend recovering from his sugery after being in Iraq last year. The military is keeping him until he is full healed.
I'm excited for you about your wedding. I hope you get everything you want, and the day is very special

Sparklewolfie said...

Best wishes to you and your family!

I hate credit cards too >_< When I had one in the States, I kept two bank accounts - one for savings, one for credit card. I kept a checkbook of when I spent on my credit card and deducted it from my "CC account" on paper so I always knew I would have enough to pay the bill at the end of the month. So it is basically like a debit card, but you have to track it manually :P I really prefer paying in cash, which fortunately is the norm here!

Lady Kristen said...

Rosalynn: Let's hope that we both have an excellent year from now on.

Thank you! My mother is recovering slowly, but doing well. So far so good on the wedding venue. Thank you for your well wishings.

KittyDragon: She is still sore and in pain, but slowly recovering. Thank you! I hope your boyfriend can recover quickly and come home safely and soon!

My wedding date is not for a while. There is still lots of planning to be done. Thank you.

Sparklewolfie: Best wishes to you and your family as well.

My father could never track his credit card finances well, so I have always had a fear of credit cards. Oh well, I will have to get over that fear. Thank you for the bank account tip.