The castle at Maryvale

2011-01-22 13.43

In the spirit of being old fashion I wanted to have a long engagement. I did not quite think it would be this long though, but after almost four years Brad and I have finally set a date! December 12, 2012. I thought it would be cute to have identical numbers. Plus it will the last time this century that identical numbers will be possible. (And I am also a science nerd and having a wedding date of 123 tickles me pink.)

With my wedding date set I have started the fun process of researching and picking venues. I am down to my final two choices. The castle at Maryvale in Maryland and Skyland Manor in New Jersey. So far I have only been to see Maryvale. I left my camera home that day, but I did take pictures. Unfortunately my phone takes rather dark pictures. I am just going to have to keep my camera in my purse from now on. I wish I could have taken more pictures the library, groom's room, and solarium were lovely, but there were too many people walking around in those areas.

2011-01-22 13.412011-01-22 13.05
2011-01-22 13.38
2011-01-22 13.20

I loved Maryvale, but I feel like it was missing something. I don't quite know what though. Maybe it was just all the people there for the bridal show. Whatever it was missing hopefully Skyland will have it.

Pros:
~ Very short traveling distance from my apartment.
~ All planning can be done in Maryland.
~ A small castle.

Cons:
~ Cannot use the chapel since I am not Catholic.
~ Missing something...
~ The castle is only available from 6:30pm-10:30pm during the week

4 comments:

Winsome said...

Holy epicness! I can't think of anything else to say. Good luck, have fun, and don't stress too much!

Lady Kristen said...

Winsome: Wait until I go to a tour of Skyland. That place appears to be beyond gorgeous! Thank you. I'll try not to stress too much. Thank you for your best wishes! ❤

KittyDragon said...

So lovely! but it does suck it's only open in the evening.

Lady Kristen said...

KittyDragon: On the weekends it is open throughout the day. But during the week it is only open at night. The castle is actually on the grounds of a Catholic school. They seem to use some of the rooms as class rooms during the week.