Being lolita

First the stockings, then the blouse, bloomers, petticoat, and a dress. Style hair, put on make-up, pick accessories, slip on a pair of shoes and paint nails. One last final check to make sure everything is in place and preparations are complete. Open the door, open a parasol, and leave for the day. Yes it might take three hours to get ready, but it is worth it. Why? Because I am a lolita. I strive to use the prefect accessories with each outfit and only the cutest shoes will do. I live for the details and the extra steps. And I would not have it any other way. Getting ready for a full lolita coordination is not a tiresome chore but an exciting transformation.

The negative comments and inquisitions are trivial. The odd stares and double takes are normal. The love of my fashion intensifies by the smiles, positive comments, and the joyous look in a little girl's eyes. Nothing brightens my day like the praise from a elderly individual. While others my age scoff at being called cute I strive for it.

Shedding my disguise of being normal for the princess I am is priceless. The world has enough ordinary people. Why waste my life trying to be mediocre and average as well? I refuse to be common. I refuse to assimilate. Why? Because I am a lolita. I will live my life, make my own rules, and follow no predestined mold.

No popular fashion pleases me. Most bags or shoes in local store do not grab my attention. I do not bat a lash at the stylish trends. My passion draws from frills of yore. Dainty lace and bows galore is what my heart yearns for. Please give me petticoats and bloomers over T-shirts and jeans. Why? Because I am a lolita. And I am happy to be me.


I hope everyone had a wonderful Loli Day!



image from: Angelic Pretty ad from Gothic & Lolita Bible

7 comments:

Ashlee said...

"The world has enough ordinary people. Why waste my life trying to be mediocre and average as well? I refuse to be common."

I live by several quotes that say pretty much that. Why should I strive to be just like everyone one else? I aspire to be extraordinary.

Lady Kristen said...

Ashlee: It's good to see someone that lives by quotes such as those.

The Cat Hag said...

I completely agree with what you said.

And I adore lace and petticoats and all the cute things of Lolita fashion...

This post makes me feel like shopping for some Emily Temple goodness and more. :)


xoxo,
Addie
The Cat Hag

Lady Kristen said...

The Cat Hag: I am glad you liked this post. Have fun shopping!

Wanda said...

I have to say that this is completely inspiring. It is not often that I see posts like these (Who am I kidding? They are done to death), but no matter how many times I see posts like these, it always gets me inspired every time. Why? Because it is true. Who wants to live life as an ordinary person from day to day? You only get one chance at life so might as well "live life to the fullest" (one of my favourite quotes out there). The question also kicked me into becoming an aspiring himegyaru, which is currently a work in progress.

Lady Kristen said...

Wanda: I am happy that you liked my post. And it good to see another lolita/himegyaru. I definitely a fan of that quote too.

MiihLady said...

what a beautiful an inspirational blog.! `*´
I, myself, am rather extraordinary, although I am no Lolita.
I do adore them tho and sometimes wish I had the money, the will, and the time to be.!

xox