August challenge

"Life is too important to be taken seriously"
--Oscar Wilde

I am so happy that July and August 1st are finally over!

Last month I was so busy to the point of depriving myself of a life. Between my normal work schedule, training the new processors, all the time I had to filled in because of people calling out or being terminated, and being on call, most of my relaxation time was spent sleeping. I was starting to feel mildly depressed. And the situation with my two new coworkers was not helping my mood either. I was even unhappy the few times I was free to be out with friends. Sorry to all the people I temporarily stopped talking to. I did not want to hear about your movie nights, meet-ups, and preparations for Otakon, which I had to work through, while I was at work.

But not this month! For the month of August I am going to relax, have fun, and enjoy myself again. I have only agreed with work extra hours on three occasions. One of which was yesterday. So I will finally be going back to crafting, watching Asian dramas, and of course blogging ❤. Life is too short for me to be unhappy and to spend the majority of my waking hours working or commuting to/from work. Working is important, but being happy is even more important. Make sure you are enjoying yourself this month too!

image from: Tùy bút của Yoshiro

3 comments:

Lavenrose said...

Sorry to hear about that. :( Hope your August month goes well for you.

Fiammetta Rey said...

O_O You were at Otakon? Aww, I wish I'd seen you there... I was there, too.

Hope August goes well for you. That's a really good challenge. ^_^

Lady Kristen said...

Lavenrose: Thank you. The first few days have been going well so far. And I am determined to make this month better than the last.


Fiammetta Rey: I was not there. I had to work that weekend. I did pass by the convention center on my way to and from work though. I definitely plan to attend next year. Maybe we will get to meet next year.