October challenge

"Don't lower your expectations to meet your performance. Raise your level of performance to meet your expectations. Expect the best of yourself, and then do what is necessary to make it a reality."
--Ralph Marston

This quote made me remember an instance in my childhood. I had to construct a big project for one of my classes. So I had made a detailed sketch of what I wanted to construct out of paper mache, but only halfheartedly worked on it. When it was done my mother could see that I was not happy with the results. She told me that, "you cannot excel at anything unless you know what mediocrity is first". I nodded and decided to restart my project again, but this time worked diligently. And even after it was finished, I would try to find areas for improvement every day. By the due date I was extremely pleased with the end result. I ended up getting an A+ for my project and won first place in a contest between all the classes in my grade.

I decided to choose with quote because I feel that I have let my lolita and himegyaru coordinations become mediocre over the last few months. I would not wear accessories or refrain from putting too much though into styling my hair. I was not unhappy with the result, but I knew I could do so much better. I had lowered my performance while my expectations remained high. Not to mention that I need to buy new work and house clothing as well since everything is extremely large on me.

So this month I will focus on raising my performance. I will study my Gothic & Lolita Bibles, Popteen magazines, and Ageha magazines for new make-up tips and coordination ideas. I will attempt to find my camera so that I can take pictures. And will buy new articles of clothing to replace the ones that no longer fits. I will rise to the occasion and not only meet my expectations; I will attempt to exceed them. I hope you ladies are able to be the best and do the best that you can this October too!

image from: Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated

No comments: