December challenge

"A woman who has no way of expressing herself and of realizing herself as a full human being has nothing else to turn to but the owning of material things."
--Enriqueta Longauex-Vasquez

It happens at least once in every alternative fashion lover's life. You feel as if instead of wearing your favorite dress, it is wearing you. The fashion you love has become overpowering. Instead of incorporating the style into your daily life, it is taking over your life and smothering you. You still love the style, but feel as if you need a break.

And now it is happening to me. I feel lost in the rules and in the new trends. I am like a manikin displaying clothing rather than expressing who I am through fashion. Combining my love for himegyaru and lolita has left me flustered and indecisive at times. I have even let other's opinions affect ensemble choices.


The 'must have' prints and bright colors do not stir any emotion from me. The overly exaggerated and striking trends have left me longing for something else. Lately it has been pastels and muted colors that make my heart skip a beat. Lady-like dresses and pale nail polishes have caught my attention more than knee high socks and elaborate headdresses. Give me pearls over macaron rings and Louis Vuitton purses over a bunny bag. I want solid colors instead of Melty Chocolate and suede heels over tea party shoes.

So this month I plan to focus on just being a lady. And I will let this odd feeling toward half of my wardrobe work itself out subconsciously.




first image from: Sitting Gracefully
other images form: Absolutely Ladylike

5 comments:

theEmocarebear said...

Good luck to you and your wardrobe!

I ran into this issue about a year ago with Lolita - it was not feeding me as much as I was feeding the fashion.

Kaitlyn said...

I completely understand where you're coming from here-- sometimes a break can be refreshing~ Especially when you wear a completely new style during said break :) Good luck on your challenge

Lady Kristen said...

theEmocarebear: Thank you. ❤ I think my wardrobe and I will be find. We have just reached a bump in our relationship.

Kaitlyn: Thank you. ❤ I would not say I am trying a new style. I just plan to focus on anything lady-like and feminine.

Lavenrose said...

Good luck with your wardrobe and your "soul searching"! Sometimes we just need a break from our favourite fashions for a while.

Lady Kristen said...

Lavenrose: Thank you. ❤ I am slowly sorting things out and feel that I will be back to my normal hime lolita self soon. (Especially if I get a call back from any of my recent interviews!)