Me!? An Office Lady!?

If you are following my twitter you have probably seen that I managed to get the new job I wanted. I will now be working 8:30am - 5pm Monday through Friday. (Although I will still work every other Saturdays at my old job too for a little while longer.)

The thing that makes this new job so great is that it is only 15 minutes away from my house! I will no longer be spending 3 hours a day in transit! (Also it pays more...) So now I can wear more of the fashions I love. I can spend more time working on my blog and connecting to you lovely readers. And I can work on outfits for conventions and meet-ups.
Plus I have my own office. I'm an office lady! I never imagined I would ever be an office lady. I have worked in two different laboratories, have been a glorified babysitter at a mental institution, and now I am an office lady. Not that I am complaining! Working in a office is just as much of a job as doing anything else. I just never though I would be doing it. So I am a Patient Service Assistant in the Oncology department.
Now back to my office. Originally the room was just used for storage, but they cleared it out just for me. It is between the front desk where the four other women sit and our manager's office. There is a big window on the wall that looks out at a man-made hill with a rock waterfall fountain. I have my own personal phone line. And I am the only one with personal cabinets and cubicles. My desk is about 2x the size of the front desk areas and has a continuation to another area. I have been told that no one else is going to be hired though. So for now the whole office is mine!
This is so weird for me. I no longer have to wear laboratory gloves. I can style my hair anyway I wish. There are no jewelry restrictions. And I can wear whatever shoes I want. Why did I wait so long to try working in an office? This has been the best week I have had in a long time.

9 comments:

Fiammetta Rey said...

That sounds awesome! Congrats on getting such a great job!!

Lavenrose said...

Congratulations! It sounds like the ideal job! :D I'm so happy for you!

Alexandriaweb said...

Congratulations, and good luck in your new job :)

Kieli_Heart said...

Congrats, dear! It's such an awesome feeling to get the job you have always wanted. That happened to me just a few months ago too ^-^ And you're so lucky to have found a job like that where mostly what you were isn't an issue and you can have such a nice office space all to yourself! Congrats, you deserve it :)

~ Kieli ~

hellokitt9 said...

Congratulations!! I hope you new job turns out to be as wonderful as it seems.

Lady Kristen said...

Fiammetta Rey: It was an awesome week. Thank you so much.

Lavenrose: Thank you. ❤

Alexandriaweb: Thank you. ❤


Kieli_Heart: Thank you! I'm glad to hear that you have recently gotten a wonderful job as well. I hope everything goes well for you.

hellokitt9: ❤ Thank you!

Violet LeBeaux said...

Congratulations, that's so awesome!! It aways feels so nice to be able to dress a bit more freely :D I hope it goes really well and you're able to decorate your office a bit!

Lady Kristen said...

Violet LeBeaux : Thank you! ❤ I am allowed to decorate my office as I wish. I am so excited.

Larry D.Stephens said...

You really make it seem really easy together with your presentation but I in finding this matter to be really one thing which I feel I'd by no means understand. It kind of feels too complicated and extremely wide for me. I'm having a look forward on your next post, I will attempt to get the dangle of it!
Sorel Women's Tofino CVS Boot