February challenge

"A hobby a day keeps the doldrums away."
--Phyllis McGinley
The end of January was amazing! Getting off of work at 5pm with the whole evening free is wonderful. I no longer have to spend almost every waking hour working or in transit. No more days of only getting five and a half hours worth of sleep. The semi-permenant dark circles under my eyes have almost disappeared. I feel refreshed every morning I wake up. My nutrition is so much more healthy. And my face has started to cooperate with me.

I have also been able to keep ahead of house chorus, interact more with friends, attend more family events, organize my closet, and declutter my jewelry box. I am able to enjoy decorating my nails and making cute lunches. And I am having fun looking for and purchasing new roomwear, home goods, and pampering items.
My life has once again becoming princessly.

With my new free time I no longer have to rush through doing stuff I love. I have been able to clear and rearrange my crafting area. And have been able to think about what projects I would like to finish and new ones I would like to start. So this month I am planning to rediscover some of my favorite hobbies. I hope to reacquaint myself with my computer, dust off my sewing machine, find all my of quilling materials, and update my Rosetta Stone. I think one of the reasons I am really enjoying my new job, besides the perks and better health, is because I get to be me again.



image from:Lithuanian Egg Etching and Crafting

4 comments:

Kieli_Heart said...

That's so great to hear! Best of luck with everything and can't wait to see some of your creations :)

~ Kieli ~

Lady Kristen said...

Kieli_Heart: Thank you. The crochet throw I am working on has taken longer than I expected. But I shall post some pictures.

Lavenrose said...

It sounds like and feels like your life is getting back together! ^^ I wish you the best of luck with everything and I cannot wait to see the brand new you in (of course) princess wear.

Lady Kristen said...

Lavenrose: My life is definitely getting better. Thank you. <3 I am trying my hardest to stop being camera shy.