Happy Birthday to me ♪

Last Saturday was my birthday and of course one of my favorite holidays, Hinamatsuri. This year a friend made me a "hinamatsuri" birthday cake. I received some lovely gifts and had the first Rita's Ice of the year. One of the best things I received this year were two hinamatsuri pop-up cards!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

I also bought some presents for myself. For the longest time I have been in a crafting mood. Unfortunately most of the crafts that I do are rather lengthy. While crocheting and quilling have lovely finals results, I have been looking for a less extensive project.

While looking at hime-kei pictures I was admiring their nails. I would love to have my nails decorated like the models, but unfortunately I cannot have 3D art on my nails while I am at work. Then I started thinking that I could always wear press-on nails. I could wear whatever design I want on my nails and then taken them off during work hours. So I decided that trying to make 3D nails would be my new hobby. So far the nails, rhinestones, pearls, and cherry blossom mold have arrived. The stand, heart molds, acrylic powder, monomer, dapper cup, and other decorations still have yet to be delivered.
Photobucket
Photobucket

I am so excited to start a new project! Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Lavenrose said...

Happy belated birthday! It is a shame that you didn't take any pictures of the hinamatsuri cake. I was kind of interested to see what it looks like, but then again I can try and "envision" what it looks like via google fu. The pop-up cards look so cute! I wish you the best of luck with the nail project. I am more curious on how the models do anything with the nails since I tend to use my nails a lot.

Lady Kristen said...

Lavenrose: Thank you! I have seen models using a special tool that can open cans and hook items in cluttered places like purses. I do not plan to make my nails too long though.