March Challenge

"You more often recognize your inadequacies rather than your strengths."
--James E. Faust

I am very much the type of person that focuses on what I did not do or have done incorrectly. I tend to focus on the "what ifs" more than on what is currently happening. I stress myself out from second guessing and over analyzing things I do. And sometimes I miss the giant picture while obsessing over the fine details. I hesitate with completing projects, tasks, and posts because I feel they are not perfect. I truly am an upbeat person, but am I very hard on myself when there truly is no reason to be.

So this month I am going to work on fixing this. I know the stress and feelings of inadequacy are not needed. And I feel especially downtrodden once I look back and realize they were unnecessary from the start. I have always accepted the fact that I am only human and will make mistakes, but I need to stop tormenting myself over my accidents.

This month I am going to squash whatever negativity I believe about my abilities. I am not going to despair whenever I do something wrong. Nor I am going to consider myself incompetent or a nuisance. I am a very talented person and from now I am going to act like it. In a few hours I am going to be 27. I will embrace this new age as a confident, creative, and intelligent woman.

I hope everyone will be able to embrace their strengths and let go of self doubt this month. No one is perfect. Even the most successful people have their faults. Be happy with who you are and enjoy every second, minute, hour, and day. I know I am going to try to.




image from:The Times of India

2 comments:

theEmocarebear said...

I enjoy your monthly challenges so much; and this month synchronizes with challenges I have had myself.

Here's to a happy March!

Lady Kristen said...

theEmocarebear: Thank you! ❤ It is good to know that people like the monthly challenges. I really try hard to pick topics that I as well as my readers might like. I hope that your challenges are going well.

My March is going splendidly so far. I hope that March will be a happy month for you as well.