July Challenge

"The only limitations in life are the limitations you put on yourself..."
--Joel McCrod
I am famous for putting limitations on myself. Be it clothing choices, activities, items that I truly want, or blogging material. I am usually worried about making the safest or untroblesome choices. This leads to most of my days being rather dull and uneventful. Not only am I hindering myself from any possible fun, I am distancing myself to new experiences. I could be missing out on meeting new friends, fun events, or other possible opportunities. I do not allow others to hold me back, why should I do that to myself?

So this month I am going to start the task of breaking the bad habit of restricting myself. I will attempt to go places and try new things. Whatever I plan to do this month will be fun or a learning opportunity. While the excruciating Maryland summer might impede on some outdoor activities, I will still make the most of every moment. I will try to use my tumblr and twitter more often. And I hope to begin the process of becoming a more active blogger with additional daily life posts.

I do not want to look back on my life as mundane and stagnant.  I only get to live once and I will try to make every day a little more exciting.

 image from: Living Life Learning

3 comments:

AngelShinigami said...

I like this challenge a lot. I love to get out and do things, but I do have some issues with doing things on my own, so when everyone is busy, I stay home rather than go out and do or try things solo. maybe this month I'll make it a goal to get out and about on my own at least once a week. ^_^

Lavenrose said...

I'm starting to like this challenge. Recently I had been noticing that I had been (to put it into words) "lagging behind in life" and things are just not changing enough to my liking. I am also hoping to change that and I had even designed a whole new layout to hopefully initiate the change! ^^ None-the-less, the best of luck to you with this new challenge!

Lady Kristen said...

AngelShinigami: Thank you. ❤ Being an only child I am used to being by myself. So I understand staying home while others are out. Let us both work on being more outgoing this month.


Lavenrose: I understand how you're feeling. There are so many things I could be doing, but do not have the motivation.cc It's comforting to see that others are working on a similar task. Best wishes in becoming more active. ❤