March Challenge


"Give thanks for what you are now, and keep fighting for what you want to be tomorrow."
--Fernanda Miramontes-Landeros

I have an unhealthy habit of focusing on the past or on what others have/can do. This causes me to lose sight of my  own abilities or opportunities in my life. Then when I do regain focus, I do not see the bright side. It seems that everyone around me is getting want they want, except for me. I feel that all I do is work, but I get no reward in return. Of course the recent events in my life do not help.

I would become so focused on my perceived inadequacies that I would have mini panic attacks. All I could think about is that I will never get the chance to travel, have nice things, or experience fun. Just when everything seems to be going well, life finds a way to destroy my hopes again. I know there are other people in worse situations than I am. But I feel that my life is not improving either.

I need to stop thinking this way. I need to stop focusing on other people and concentrate on my life. So this month I decided it was time to take charge of my anxiety, self doubt, and jealousy. I need to be thankful for what I have/where I am and strive toward improving upon that. I need to redirect these negative feelings and modify them into positive motivation.  I will not be taking a destination vacation this summer, but I do not need to confine myself to the house either. March will be a stepping stone on revising how I see my life and working on how to make each day better.



image from: The Berkeley Blog

3 comments:

Kelsey Elisabeth Benedict said...

I've been working on my anxiety, jealousy and trust for the past few years, too. I can honestly say that it's easier to see the progress than feel it - I always feel like I'm not doing well enough (anxiety!) but when I look at the situation and go, "Well, this is what I did today, and this is what would have done in the past . . ." I can see that I am indeed making progress. . . even if it's baby steps. ;D

I hope your progress comes at the right pace for you. ^^

Bunnie said...

Right now, I feel like all the dreams I used to have in high school have come true! I'm pretty, popular, and get good grades. (Or more realistically, I love myself more and am happy with my look, I have lots of friends that support me and make me feel loved, and I've worked my butt off at school because I'm doing what I love).

So now I get to adopt new dreams! Now I want to be ambitious, reliable, and organized! Wish me luck!

Syd and Abby said...

Youre right, and you could set a great example too! Just because you aren't going somewhere for a vacation, doesn't mean you have to stay inside your house all day! Since you have free time, it's a great opprutunity to explore and try new things!

Good luck to you (and glad to see you back as well!) :)