September Challenge

"Reality can destroy the dream; why shouldn’t the dream destroy reality?"
--George Edward Moore
I felt this quote would be fitting for this month because lately I have been feeling rather melancholy. Nothing has been going as hoped and plans were falling through. It seemed that every time I took a step forward I got pushed back two steps. This has led to discouragement and withdrawal from the things I love. Which then in turn made me more dispirited. It was a continuing spiral of depression that needs to end now.

This month I definitely want to work on getting back to the things I love. I no longer want to let reality ruin my dreams, hopes, and plans. This month I will focus once again on taking my dreams and working toward making them reality. I will attempt to keep a positive outlook no matter what happens. One step at a time I will push forward with my goals.

There will of course still be limits to what can be accomplished. But that does not mean I should resign and live a boring life. I need to push myself and not focus on what is impossible. I need to work on making my dreams come true. No pessimism, no giving up, just making small achievements that lead to the big picture I want. It is time to end the feelings of hopelessness and make September a productive month!

image from: My Opera

2 comments:

hellokitt9 said...

I like your thinking and I hope you are very successful in meeting your goals.

Lynette said...

I think this is an excellent goal. I would love to see a list of what your goals are and then have a progress update at the end of the month. It always interests me to watch people set and work towards their goals and I'd love to help cheer you on.

So good luck! Have a fun and fulfilling september.