March challenge

"If what you are doing is not moving you towards your goals, then it’s moving you away from your goals,"
--Brian Tracy

There are a few tasks and goals I have ignored over the years. I have kept a tally of them, but procrastinated working on any. I have learned to work around these tasks, but I am disappointed that I have left them go for this long. I earnestly try to achieve my goals, but find with these missing parts I am going nowhere. I cannot improve if I am neglecting even the small tasks. I thought this quote suited my feelings rather well. I cannot complete a puzzle without all the pieces. And I cannot move forward if I am at a stand still or going in reverse.

So for March, I plan to find the little missing pieces of my goals and focus on them. I mostly know what needs to be done to help obtain my goals. I just need to make sure all the smaller pieces are accounted for.

Like most women, one of my main goals is to lose weight. While I had lost some weight in December and January nothing dramatic had happened. I tried eating healthier, but felt that I needed to start counting calories. I finally joined an app called 'Lose it'. It has helped immensely. In 2½ weeks, I have happily lost 12 lbs.

Another goal of mine is to improve my make-up skills. That will never happen with old make-up and brushes. Overlooking the need for updated and more make-up is definitely keeping me from this goal. I'm rectifying this by starting with my lip glosses. No more Bath & Beauty lip glosses or cutesy cupcake/ice cream container glosses. I've order Dior Addict Lip Glow. Besides that I love how feminine and classy the contain looks, I have heard rave reviews about this product.

I hope that those working on their goals recognize any small steps that need to be taken and target those weak points.

image from:Yvetta Salva

No comments: